Piano Lessons | Theory Lessons, Online Lessons
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Music (Composition), ATCL (Piano Teaching), Masters in English Literature
- Pricing: $36 for 30-minute lesson
- Styles: Classical, Pop, Folk
- Suitability: Any age, beginner to intermediate.
- I believe everyone can learn to play an instrument, and that teaching music is to teach joy and accomplishment. I have taught many piano students, have also been a classroom teacher, and have refined my teaching skills over years.
I was also a ‘music parent’ to my two now-grown children, on various instruments, and that gave me an affinity for teaching young players.
I have a special interest in teaching neurodiverse children and am currently studying online with Keys for Life (Australia) who run music lessons for neurodiverse children, and train teachers. I have several neurodivergent students for whom playing piano is a most rewarding and thrilling experience.
I maintain a happy and supportive environment in the piano studio which I believe is vital for learning to take place.
I tailor my lessons to the student, depending on their musical taste and goals – which might change over time. I guide and encourage every student to fulfill their musical potential.
I can prepare students for Trinity, ABRSM, and NZ Music Examinations Board exams if desired.
My lessons help students develop musical technique, establish practice habits, build confidence and, importantly, to foster a love of music.