Guitar Lessons | Bass Guitar Lessons | Ensemble Coaching, Song Writing Workshops, Theory Lessons, Composition Lessons, Jazz Improvisation Lessons
- Qualifications: Mus B (Canterbury University), Diploma in Jazz Performance (CPIT), Diploma in Audio Engineering (MAINZ)
- Pricing: $30 per half hour lesson, $50 per hour lesson. Lessons are once a week.
- Styles: All
- Suitability: 7 years old and upwards, beginner to Tertiary course entrance.
Ari Freeman is a bassist and guitarist from Christchurch.
He is known around Christchurch and beyond as the front man of the psychedelic funk band Rhomboid, and as The Blues Professor, a One-Man-Band playing blues and rock’n’roll .
Ari has diverse skills and experience that is rare to find in one individual. He is variously a recording engineer, a live musician, an instrument builder, and a music teacher. He has worked full time teaching guitar and bass for several years, and performs and records music regularly.
My promise to my students is two-fold.
1. You will leave every lesson a better musician than when you arrived
2. You will get to learn the music YOU like, without exception.
My lessons can include:
• Learning songs by ear
• How to get the most out of your practice time
• Playing techniques
• Applied music theory
• Guitar maintenance and minor repairs
• Reading of chord charts, tab, and sheetmusic
• Amps, Guitars, Effects Pedals, what they are, and how they work
• How to make a band sound great
• How to tap your musical creativity
I will help you find your sound, regardless of the genre. I have taught musicians to play music from Pop to Jazz to Noise-punk and everything in between.
I have successfully prepared students for Jazz School entrance.