Cello Lessons | Artist development, Aural Lessons, Theory Lessons, NCEA Music Tutoring, Online Lessons
- Pricing: $80/1hr (on going basis); contact me to book your free trial lesson!
- Styles: Classical, Popular, Contemporary, All
- Suitability: All levels welcome
Ariel is a freelance cellist and cello teacher in Auckland CBD. She began studying cello at the age of 7 with Russian cellist Alexander Dardykin. During her secondary and tertiary studies, she received several music cups and prizes. She completed her Bachelor of Music (Honours) in classical cello performance under the tutelage of David Pereira at the Australian National University.
As a keen musician, Ariel performs regularly in chamber ensemble and solo environments. Occasionally, you will find her in a recording studio playing music of other genres. Outside of performance, she is deeply enthusiastic and committed to helping students to achieve their goal, realise their potential, and discover themselves through music.
• 2016 – 2020 / Bachelor of Music (Honours) from Australian National University
• 2015 / ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory
Australian National University
• 2019 / Fankhauser Travelling Fellowship
• 2017 / Margot Lewin Prize for Cellists
• 2015 / The Ensemble Cup
• 2015 / Stuart Myers Cup for Most Promising Musician
• 2014 / Harbourne & Arthur Cup
• 2014 / Stuart Myers Cup for Most Promising Musician
• 2013 / Guisinger Cup for Year 11 Musician
• 2012 / Year 10 Instrumental Cup
Canberra ACT, Australia
• 2019 / Principle cellist of ANU Chamber Orchestra
• 2016, 2019 / ANU Friends of School of Music Austrian Embassy concert
• 2018, 2019 / ANU Student Chamber Music Concert
• 2018 / Side-By-Side Chamber Orchestra with CSO
• 2018 / A Vigil For The Moon – Tuggeranong Arts Centre
• 2018 / Twilight Classical Concert Series: Mystery and Magic at
Twilight – Tuggeranong Arts Centre
• 2016 / ANU Friends of School of Music Government House concert
COMPETITIONS AND RECORDINGS
• 2020 / Vacant Room Records, “Afterthought” by Sophie Edwards
• 2019 / Gisborne International Music Competition
• 2015 / Roundhead Studios, “Replay” by Bonnie Ding
• 2014, 2015 / NZCT Chamber Music Contest
While I specialise in classical music, I can teach music of any style. Material is based on students’ needs and interests, and I encourage my students to bring in music they want to play!
I can help students to prepare for school exams, competitions and performance, or simply develop musicianship and technique as a hobby. Music theory and aural training are usually integrated within practical lessons.
I teach at my apartment located in Auckland CBD. One full size cello available for student to play on. Lessons can be taught in either English or Chinese Mandarin.