Violin Lessons | Artist development, Aural Lessons, Theory Lessons, NCEA Music Tutoring, Online Lessons
- Pricing: $35+ per lesson (Individual/group pricing negotiable)
- Styles: Celtic Folk, Beginner Techniques, Music Theory
- Suitability: Age 7 and above, with an exception to younger students with a drive to learn. Fiddle: Students will need to have a knowledge of the instrument (violin) first. This can be taught after basics lesson.
I provide lessons on beginner violin techniques, with a passion for Celtic Fiddle playing. I also offer other lessons in the Celtic tradition as well as Music theory and structure for exam prep or just for your own knowledge. I believe everyone has a genre that they will love and I hope to pass my knowledge of the Celtic tradition to willing and excited students.
I currently have 17+ years of music performance experience involving classical violin, Celtic fiddle playing, tin whistle, singing (solo/choir) and calling ceilidh dances. In 2020, I graduated from Victoria University with a degree that included papers in Music Composition, Theory and Studies.
I have experience in teaching solo lessons as well as group classes. I was president and teacher of the university club Vicfolk for 3.5 years. I also worked for Arohanui Strings, a charity group focused on providing free music teaching and violin training in a group setting for children.
Each lesson is well planned and adapted to the needs of each student. Whether you wish to start learning the violin or become a master in Celtic fiddle techniques, each lesson is personalised for each student’s needs. Resources such as sheet music and lesson booklets will also be provided if required.
Lessons can include:
- Beginner Violin Playing
- Violin Techniques
- Understanding Sheet music and Notation
- Instrument care
- Celtic Fiddle Playing
- Fiddle Techniques
- Irish/Scottish Tunes with include other UK and Brittany tunes
- Cultural Teachings
- Aural and Music Theory
- NCEA Exams Prep
- Musical Structure
- Notation understanding and writing
- Chord construction and keys using the Circle of Fifths
- Tin Whistle
- Ceilidh Calling
- Dance calling and teaching
- Cribs constructing
I am located in Karori, Wellington and can accommodate lessons in my music room. I can also travel around Wellington if required, with travel costs considered (To be negotiated). I can also provide online lessons (although music growth can improve better in person, especially with a new instrument).
Lessons can be held on weekdays or weekends, contact me to arrange a time.