Violin Lessons | Theory Lessons, Online Lessons
- Qualifications: MMus University of Cincinnati, U.S.A , BMus University of Kangnam, South Korea
- Pricing: $45 for half an hour /$75 for 50 mins
- Styles: Classical
- Suitability: Ages 5 above
2003-2007 Bachelor’s Degree in Music, University of Kangnam, South Korea
2004 Master Course in Violin, The Russia Gnesins’ Academy of Music
2010-2012 Master’s Degree in Music, University of Cincinnati, USA
2013 A member of Absolute Classic Orchestra
2014 A member of Music Alps in Seongnam Orchestra
2013-2017 Music teacher, Klavier Academic Music School, South Korea
2021 Certificate, IRMTNZ (Institute of Registered Music Teacher New Zealand)
2021 Violin Teacher, Nayland College & Nayland Schools of Music
2021 Violin Teacher, Nelson Centre of Musical Arts
2021 A member of Nelson Symphony Orchestra
Music Awards (In Korea)
- 2006 – Music Education Contest, 1st place best violinist
- 2005 – Eumpyung Contest, 1st place best violinist
- 2004 – Donga Newspaper Music Contest, 1st place best violinist
- 2003 – National Chauin Music Contest, 3rd place best violinist without 1st and 2nd place
- 2009 Mostili Philharmonic Orchestra
- 2006 ‘The Night of Concert’ with Kangnam University Orchestra
- 2004 Millennium Symphony Orchestra
- 2003 Kangnam University Orchestra Ensemble Festival
Welcome all violin students who really love the violin.
- Teaching with a variety of violin technical books.
- Using different teaching methods according to students’ levels.
- Voice recordings or video recordings for self-checking.
- Problem solving skills.
- Developing beginner, foundation or advanced violin skills.
Hey, I’m Grace, violin teacher with 15 years experience in teaching music lessons to a range of ages from children to adults, both at school and privately in instrumentation and general music theory. I possess a strong ability to coach and mentor students to pursue a variety of musical opportunities.
I have used a variety of “Etudes” and technical practice books to build up the basics for my violin students. I choose the “Etude” which is related to concertos, when students start to learn new concertos. I can adjust my teaching methods depending on students’ levels. At the basic fine motor skills level, I teach scale and finger position practice and correct arm position.
Along with my teaching accomplishments, I have also played the violin in several orchestras as a substitute, regular, or in the First Violin Section. . I am enthusiastic about teaching students and improving talented young people. Also, I have a sociable personality and good interpersonal communication skills.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you want to fulfil through achievement of violin skills. I am flexible in my teaching hours.