Piano Lessons | Aural Lessons, Theory Lessons, NCEA Music Tutoring, Online Lessons
- Qualifications: BMus;Dip Teaching Secondary Music; LRSM;LTCL;ATCL;AIRMT; Examiner for Trinity College of Music London
- Pricing: Between $ 40 and $80 depending on duration of lesson
- Styles: Classical Piano , Jazz Piano, Accompaniment
- Suitability: All ages and levels welcome from young Children to Senior Citizens, and all levels from Beginners to Diploma
Joanne has been teaching Piano for over 30 years. She has extensive Teaching experience in New Zealand, Japan and Austria. Since her relocation to New Zealand, Joanne has established her Piano Teaching Business ‘Von Trapp Music Academy’. In Vienna, she was the Representative for Austria for the ABRSM ( Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music), while teaching Piano full time at the Vienna International School to students from a wide range of abilities, and diverse backgrounds. Over the years, she has also attended and taken part in masterclasses while abroa
Joanne currently operates a busy Piano teaching practice from her home studio in Bucklands Beach, as well as being employed as an Itinerant Teacher across several Secondary Schools in Auckland. In addition to her teaching role, Joanne enjoys a varied career as a professional collaborative pianist , chamber musician and She is an Examiner for Trinity College of Music London.
In addition to Trinity College, Joanne is also very familiar with other International Music Examination Boards such as ABRSM. She has prepared in the past (and continues to prepare ) many students for Piano and Theory exams at all levels, with het students always achieving fantastic results.
- I believe my Tuition is unique and my focus is on creativity and ensuring that lessons are always fun, interesting and fresh. It is in this environment that students can have lessons which are enjoyable. I believe in providing my students with a well- rounded musical education and I tailor my lessons to meet each individual student’s needs and preferred Musical style.
Lessons will usually include the following:
- Piano Repertoire of various Musical genres such as Classical, Jazz, Blues, Pop, Rock ( according to the tastes of the student)
- Technical Work ( scales, exercises, or studies)
- Aural Skills
- Sight reading
- Improvisation or Composition
- For Younger students, singing, movement and I gameify learning by doing activities away from the Piano and playing board games, which reiterates concepts in interesting, fun ways, while enhancing learning at the same time.
- Two student Recitals each year to give students the opportunity to share their music and perform for their family and friends.
- Opportunities for those interested in sitting a Practical and/or Theory Exam with Trinity College of Music London, ABRSM; or NZMEB.