Piano Lessons | Theory Lessons, Music And Movement For Under Fives, NCEA Music Tutoring, Online Lessons
- Qualifications: BMus;Dip Teaching Secondary Music; LRSM;LTCL;ATCL;AIRMT
- Pricing: 30 minute lessons - $ 35; 45 minute lessons - $ 50 ; 60 min lessons - $ 70
- Styles: Classical, Jazz,
- Suitability: All students welcome from 5yrs to Senior Citizens, and all levels from Beginners to Diploma
Hello. My name is Joanne. I have been teaching Piano for over 30 years. I have extensive Teaching experience in New Zealand, Japan and Austria. Since my relocation to New Zealand, I have established my Piano Teaching Business ‘Von Trapp Music Academy’. In Vienna, I was the Representative for Austria for the ABRSM ( Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music), while teaching Piano full time at the Vienna International School to students from a wide range of abilities, and diverse backgrounds. Over the years, I have also attended masterclasses both in New Zealand and abroad. I currently teach Piano at my home studio in Bucklands Beach, and as an Itinerant Teacher across several Schools in Auckland including Primary and Secondary School levels. I am an accomplished classical pianist and accompanist, and I perform regularly accompanying both amateur and other professional classical instrumentalists, as well as a soloist and chamber musician.
I am very familiar with the International Examination Boards such as Trinity College of Music London, and the ABRSM. I have prepared many students for Piano and Theory exams at all levels, and they have always achieved fantastic results.
- I believe my Tuition is unique and my focus is on creativity and ensuring that lessons are always fun, interesting and fresh. It is in this environment that students can have lessons which are enjoyable. I believe in providing my students with a well- rounded musical education and I tailor my lessons to meet each individual student’s needs and preferred Musical style.
Lessons will usually include the following:
- Piano Repertoire of various Musical genres such as Classical, Jazz, Blues, Pop, Rock ( according to the tastes of the student)
- Technical Work ( scales, exercises, or studies)
- Aural Skills
- Sight reading
- Improvisation or Composition
- For Younger students, singing, movement and I gameify learning by doing activities away from the Piano and playing board games, which reiterates concepts in interesting, fun ways, while enhancing learning at the same time.
- Two student Recitals each year to give students the opportunity to share their music and perform for their family and friends.
- Opportunities for those interested in sitting a Practical and/or Theory Exam with Trinity College of Music London, ABRSM; or NZMEB.