Piano Lessons | Keyboard Lessons | Song Writing Workshops, Theory Lessons, Composition Lessons, Mixing and Mastering Lessons, Online Lessons
- Qualifications: Diploma Music/Film
- Pricing: ** 30 Minute Introductory Lesson: $25.00 ** / $35 for a 30 min lesson / $70 for a 1 hour lesson. 12 lesson block option for the price of 11 available.
- Styles: Pop, Rock, Classical, Dance, Blues, Instrumental, Soul, Contemporary
- Suitability: All ages and levels welcome!
LESSONS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE VIA Zoom or Skype.
Lessons are held at my home studio on Egmont St, Wellington City.
I started offering Piano and Keyboard lessons, Composition/Song Writing, and coaching in a number of areas of Music Technology, to incorporate my passion of teaching and music into my work life. My home studio is in Wellington city centre.
I’ve been a keyboard player for over 25 years, playing both the piano and synthesizers and have a deep appreciation of traditional and state of the art instruments. I have written and performed my own songs and instrumental tracks and have used computers in music production since the 90’s. I have a home studio where I teach and produce my own music. I’m also an active songwriter having collaborated with many musicians in the Wellington area.
I’ve played in bands and gigged both in the UK and here in New Zealand in many different styles – blues, pop, acoustic and rock – from tiny acoustic gigs to festivals in front of thousands. I’ve done session work for other artists including playing on Hanne Jøstensen’s E.P. release in 2013. I’ve also composed soundtracks for small independent films in the UK.
I believe that you learn things more easily when you have a genuine interest in the subject – the same goes for teaching. The lessons I offer are tailored to what you want to learn, be it filling in gaps in something you already know, taking your first steps towards playing the piano or keyboard, composition, or gaining an understanding of a whole new area of music technology.
For examples of my compositions, click here.
For reviews from past/current students check out my Facebook page.
** 30 Minute Introductory Lesson: NZ$25.00 **
30 minutes – NZ$35.00
1 hour – NZ$70.00
I also offer a 12 lesson block option for the price of 11. Lessons also available via Zoom or Skype.
Choose the songs you want to learn with tailored lessons!
I offer fun and engaging Piano and Keyboard lessons in a variety of styles for all levels and ages (adults and children), with tailored lesson plans that are designed to make you want to practice! My home studio is based in Wellington city centre.
Styles: Pop, Rock, Classical, Dance, Blues, Instrumental, Soul, Contemporary
I aim to make lessons fun and enjoyable as I believe you learn things much more easily if you enjoy the subject, so I will teach you the songs YOU want to learn!
Whatever your personal goals are, these are some of the things I can help with:
- Develop an understanding of music theory
- Sight reading/ear training
- Improvisation and help to develop listening skills
- If your playing is a bit rusty, brush up and regain confidence in your playing ability
- Lessons for complete beginners, learning at your own pace
I offer coaching in music composition, covering but not limited to:
- Helping improve your song writing and music composition
- Learning or writing a song for a special occasion (wedding, anniversaries, birthdays etc.)
- Song writing / composition and sequencing with computers and MIDI
I offer coaching on the following areas of Music Technology:
- How to set up your own home recording studio (how to use it, and record your first demo)
- Synthesizers and sound editing
- Keyboard and synthesiser performance techniques – learn the tips and tricks to improve your playing
- A beginner’s guide to Garageband & introduction to Logic
- iTunes – learn how to organise your music library and get the most from iTunes
*** Zoom/Skype Piano/Keyboard lessons now available! ***
I’m pleased to be able to now offer piano/keyboard lessons via Zoom or Skype. Online lessons have many advantages including being able to use your own instrument for lessons, and not having to wait between when the lesson ends and being able to practice what you’ve learnt. Please feel free to get in touch if you would like to know more!
Conditions for Online Lessons:
1. PayPal account is required for students who do not have a NZ bank account number for payment of lessons.
2. Payment of lessons via Zoom/Skype is due before commencement of lesson.
For examples of my compositions, click here.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any queries or check out my Facebook page to find out more information, including reviews from past/current students.
– Martyn Galea