Guitar Lessons | Bass Guitar Lessons, Ukulele Lessons | Song Writing Workshops, Theory Lessons, Mixing and Mastering Lessons, NCEA Music Tutoring, Skype Lessons
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Music
- Pricing: Contact for rates
- Styles: Pop, Rock, Folk, Fingerpicking, Alternative, Punk, Country, Blues, Jazz,
- Suitability: All ages and levels
I have been teaching guitar for over 10 years. During that time I’ve taught hundreds of students ranging from age 7 all the way to 70. I have a Bachelor of Music from Auckland University. I’m currently teaching from my home in central Auckland and also in Takapuna.
Some of my personal career highlights as a musician including working as a guitarist with Reece Mastin (Australia) and Jamie McDell, getting my original band’s music playlisted on national radio & TV, and working with songwriters and producers including Jason Blume (Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears) and Gladius James (Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato).
My teaching is student centred, I want to understand the students unique goals and work towards achieving them together.
Some of my current students are:
- Preparing for Rock Schools Examinations
- Developing their songwriting
- Learning basic chords, strumming and accompanying themselves on guitar
- Learning how to improvise
- Learning how to fingerpick
- Learning how to play in a rock band together
For students under 7 I like to start them on Ukulele as Guitar can be too physically demanding.
Not only is Olly a great teacher, he is a great guy who has inspired me to learn and write music. He has the skill and diverse music taste to play anything. I'd recommend him to any guitarist or songwriter.
Olly as a young teacher was instantly popular with his students, and was eager to learn as much as possible about pedagogy, student exams, lesson planning and all the elements that go into making a great teacher. I was always impressed by how much preparation he put into his lessons including developing original arrangements, charts, and backing tracks for his students of an individualized nature