Piano Lessons | Violin Lessons | Aural Lessons, Ensemble Coaching, Theory Lessons, Music And Movement For Under Fives
- Qualifications: Master in Music
- Pricing: $30 - 30 minutes
- Styles: Kodaly concept, colourstrings method
- Suitability: beginner to advanced (age 4 and above)
A career to a professional teaching position in music education, where I can share the knowledge within the music context that will excel in my passionate music education pathway with more than 10 years experience.
Status: IRMTNZ Registered Music Teacher
2011 – 2012
Master of Music
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
2005 – 2009
Bachelor of Classical Music (majoring in piano)
UCSI University, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
ATCL Trinity London
ABRSM Grade 5 Violin
TRAINING & SEMINAR
- 18-29 July – Completed ‘Zenezen’ Specialization in Piano Performance at the International Kodaly Summer School in Kecskemet, Hungary.
- 21 March – 1 April – Completed in the study programme in music education according to the Kodaly concept, level 3, organized by Poco Academy, Selangor, Malaysia in cooperation with the Kodaly Institute of the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music, Kecskemet, Hungary.
- 7-8 September – Completed in the study program musicianship and teaching methodology according to the Kodaly concept, level 2.
- 20 April -1May – Completed in the study program musicianship and teaching methodology according to the Kodaly concept, level 1.
- 4 May – Completed Faber seminar on the Piano Adventure® method
- Choir Accompanist (concert & competition)
- Flute Accompanist (Grade 1 – Grade 8 exam)
- Violin Accompanist (Grade 1 – Grade 8 exam)
- Wedding cocktail performance
- fun, exciting, patient, and friendly teaching style with passion to enrich children’s music experience
- teaching individual and/or group lessons in Kodaly concept which student expect to sing, clap, and play with simple body movements during the lesson.
- will develop & enhance listening, reading (including notes & rhythm), aural , and piano playing skills through some games.
- Piano lesson (beginner – advanced level)
- Violin lesson (beginner – intermediate level)
- Theory lesson (beginner – advanced level)
- Aural lesson (beginner – advanced level)
- Musicianship group class
- Piano accompanist service (beginner – advanced level)
- Grand piano studio rental for exam recording
"I am wondering if I could find out when Sophy will be teaching and if she has any spots available either this term or for term 2. She comes highly recommended by a parents with a child at Rainworth School". -2012 Australia "Teacher Sophie is so lovely!" -2014 Malaysia "My daughter enjoy your class so much, she look forward to attend your class every Saturday!" -2015 Malaysia "Teacher Sophie so far the best teacher I have ever met, she teach us songs with fun and exciting way!" -2016 Malaysia