Piano Lessons | Theory Lessons, Composition Lessons, Online Lessons
- Qualifications: BMus(Hons) - Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Pricing: $40 for 30 mins, then $10 for each additional 15 mins
- Styles: Classical
- Suitability: Beginner and Intermediate Students of any age.
Thank you for coming to my page!
My name is Liam Furey. I learnt the piano from the age of nine, falling in love with the instrument after discovering Classical Music. Ever since that point, my life has been full of music.
I’m in the process of finishing off a Bachelor of Music (Honours) in Classical Piano and Instrumental/Vocal Composition, and enjoy learning all things musical! When I am not studying, I love to perform as a soloist or accompanist, as well as teach piano and share my love for the instrument!
Most of my experience is with beginner and intermediate students, with a focus on gaining independent reading and playing skills.
In my teaching style, I aim for all of my students to feel empowered to find and learn music on their own. The main material I cover in my lessons cater to each student’s needs, including the following:
- Exercises for hand technique. These include scales and arpeggios, as well as personalised exercises and games to assist with such skills.
- Sight-reading and quick learning to help with music reading. These include simple pieces, such as Bartok’s Mikrokosmos.
- Bigger projects via any pieces that students want to learn. Students are welcome to find pieces or styles that inspire them, and I will guide them in that process to help them find the perfect pick!