Saxophone Lessons | Ensemble Coaching, Theory Lessons, NCEA Music Tutoring, Online Lessons
- Qualifications: Master of Musical Arts (distinction), Postgraduate Diploma in Music (distinction), Bachelor of Music with Honours (first class), Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Arts, FTCL, LTCL, ATCL, DipABRSM
- Pricing: $80 per hour; $40 for 30 minutes.
- Styles: Classical
- Suitability: Any age and level
On saxophone, Reuben holds a Bachelor of Music, Postgraduate Diploma in Music with distinction and a Master of Musical Arts with distinction from the Te Kōkī New Zealand School of Music. During his undergraduate music study Reuben won the NZSM Concerto Competition, Woodwind Audition Competition and the Woodwind Player of the Year Competition. He was also a member of the NZSO National Youth Orchestra, a finalist in the Pettman/Royal Over-Seas League Chamber Music Competition, runner-up in the New Zealand Woodwind Competition, and a double prize winner and semi-finalist in the Gisborne International Music Competition. Reuben holds ATCL, LTCL, and FTCL diplomas and has featured as a soloist with the Nelson Symphony Orchestra, Kapiti Concert Orchestra, NZSM Orchestra and Royal New Zealand Air Force Band. He has toured for Chamber Music New Zealand and is a casual player for the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra, Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra and Christchurch Symphony Orchestra. Reuben was also a semi-finalist in the 2014 Singapore Woodwind Festival Saxophone Competition and a semi-finalist in the 2016-2017 National Concerto Competition. Reuben currently teaches classical saxophone at the University of Canterbury.
On flute, Reuben began studies at the University of Auckland in 2018 and was a finalist in the 2018 Auckland Chamber Music Society competition. He holds a Bachelor of Music with first class Honours from the University of Waikato. Reuben was a finalist in both the 2019 Waikato University Chamber Music and Concerto competitions. He also holds a DipABRSM with distinction in flute performance. Reuben is currently studying toward a Master of Music in flute at the University of Canterbury.
Reuben’s vast teaching experience includes:
- Saxophone teacher at the University of Canterbury
- Saxophone teacher/ensemble coach for the Young Musicians Programme at the Te Kōkī New Zealand School of Music, Victoria University of Wellington
- Saxophone teacher/ensemble coach for the New Zealand Classical Saxophone Summer School
- Saxophone teacher/ensemble coach for the SAXFEST programme
- Saxophone teacher for the Howick School of Music, Auckland
- Relief saxophone teacher at Rangi Ruru Girls High School, Christchurch
- Relief saxophone teacher at Burnside High School, Christchurch
- Relief saxophone teacher at Michael Park School, Auckland
- Relief clarinet and pre-instrumental teacher at Wellington Music Centre
- Relief clarinet teacher at ACG Parnell College, Auckland
- Music Studies tutor and lecturer at the Te Kōkī New Zealand School of Music, Victoria University of Wellington