Percussion Lessons | Drum Lessons | Theory Lessons, Composition Lessons, Online Lessons
- Qualifications: Principal Percussionist - Christchurch Youth Orchestra, SDMS Music Tutor since 2018, National Youth Orchestra
- Pricing: $25 per Half Hour Session
- Styles: Orchestral percussion, Drumkit, Marimba
- Suitability: Ages 7 and up, beginner - advanced.
Orchestral Performer, Kit Drummer, Band Conductor, Composer, Music Teacher and more!
Reuben has been a percussionist for 18 years – from Brass Bands to Kit Solos, Orchestras, Operas, and even Typewriter Solos (yes, it’s an instrument!).
He has been involved with a variety of performance groups, such as the NZ National Youth Orchestra, Christchurch Youth Orchestra, Resonance Orchestra, Risingholme Orchestra, Various Brass Bands, over 12 Musicals, the Napier Art Deco Opera Festival, and the Christchurch Symphony.
In addition to being a Music Tutor for the Shirley District Music School he also teaches privately from a studio and band-rooms in Christchurch.
Lessons are catered towards the individual student – having taught in both Schools and in Private for 5 years I’ve learned how different and varied each persons style and passion can be!
I create my own material and compose new pieces regularly with students.
I would be an ideal tutor for someone looking to:
- Learn the Drums – weather you are new, looking to up-skill, or join a band.
- Become an Orchestral Percussionist – for a local group or at the national level.
- Start their musical journey – I have over 12 years work experience with children and have taught students ages 6 to 60.
Drum kit, Marimba, and Auxiliary percussion is taught from a local music studio – Other percussion (such as Timpani) as well as sessions at band rooms may be available on request.