Piano Lessons, Singing Lessons, Ukulele Lessons | Aural Lessons, Theory Lessons, Composition Lessons, NCEA Music Tutoring, Online Lessons
- Qualifications: ATCL Piano, Advanced Certificate Musical Theatre
- Pricing: $50 per hour
- Styles: Musical theatre, jazz, contemporary, classical, rock/pop
- Suitability: Ages 8 to adult
Kia ora, I’m Flo – I currently work as an itinerant music teacher in South Auckland and teach privately from home/house calls. In addition I am studying music at University of Auckland and doing a diploma in Rongoā. Since moving to Auckland in 2015, I’ve been involved in various bands and groups as a jazz singer, trumpet player, backing vocalist, and piano accompanist alongside teaching regularly. I enjoy a wide variety of musical styles, including DJing and composing/producing electronic music and I am particularly passionate about teaching musical theatre, jazz singing, classical piano, and improvisation. I work on tailoring lessons to suit the student, and combining creative and practical skills for them to become well-rounded musicians.
My favourite thing is seeing a student up on stage, having confidence in themselves and performing in front of others – I love to attend my students’ shows! My lessons involve practising performance techniques and all students have the opportunity to perform at concerts/showcases throughout the year.
I get that this year is tough for parents, so I’ll be offering:
- Discounted trial lesson
- Free assessment – to tailor the classes towards what the student is passionate about, set goals and find their strengths, needs and learning style!
- Choice to work towards a Trinity exam (optional) – for some students it provides good motivation and a sense of achievement. Options for these are Musical Theatre/Singing/Classical Piano.
I like to find a balance between teaching creative skills such as improvisation and composition, and technical skills like correct technique, aural and music theory. Not only do I teach individual instruments but I also combine piano/vocal or ukulele/vocal lessons.
Looking forward to hearing from you!