Singing Lessons | Choirs | Artist development, Aural Lessons, Ensemble Coaching, Theory Lessons, Mixing and Mastering Lessons, NCEA Music Tutoring, Online Lessons, Posture for Singers and Instrumentalists
- Qualifications: Ph.D. (Art + Music); Master of Performance and Media Arts
- Pricing: $60-$70 per hour, $40 per half hour. School term concessions available.
- Styles: classical, choral, pop, musical theatre, contemporary styles
- Suitability: all ages, beginner to advanced
Olivia is a classically trained soprano specialising in Early ensemble music. She has trained with internationally renowned singers including Rowena Simpson, Robert Oliver and Béatrice Gaucet, performing in New Zealand and overseas. Olivia recently completed her Ph.D., and holds a Masters in Performance and Media Arts from Auckland University of Technology.
Olivia began her singing career in musical theatre and contemporary pop styles, while studying music theory at the Christchurch School of Music. She is an experienced tutor, coaching actors and singers of all ages and abilities, and directing and conducting community choirs.
Olivia is familiar with the current NCEA Music Curriculum in Secondary School education and is equipped to give advice and tutoring in this area.
Olivia’s teaching can offer the following services:
– breathing techniques
– harmony & pitch
– resonance & projection
– performance techniques & confidence strategies
– audition techniques & exam preparation
– interpretation, expression & artistry
– singing in English, Latin, French, Italian & German
– ear training
– music theory & music notation
– recording techniques (audio and video)