Piano Lessons | Keyboard Lessons | Aural Lessons, Theory Lessons, Online Lessons
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Music with First Class Honours in Classical Performance Piano
- Pricing: $75/1-hr or $40/30min lesson
- Styles: Classical, jazz, popular, any requests!
- Suitability: Beginner-advanced, all ages
Born in London, Tasman Richards moved to New Zealand in 2001. He began learning piano at age 8 and, alongside preparation for his ABRSM grades, he also studied jazz and improvisation technique from Marlborough-based jazz pianist Tony Thiel. In 2014 and 2015, Tas was twice awarded Most Outstanding Keyboard Player at the Southern Jam jazz competition and went on to study for a Bachelor of Music in classical performance piano at the New Zealand School of Music under the tutelage of Dr Jian Liu. At the beginning of 2019, Tas was awarded the Expressions Piano Trust Prize to help fund his studies at the NZSM, which he has since completed with first-class honours.
Tas currently gives piano lessons and enjoys working as a performer and accompanist throughout Wellington, including for Wellington’s own choir the Glamaphones.
- Piano lessons for eager piano students of any age and level
- One-on-one lessons for a variety of music learning, including beginner books, grades, advanced music and anything else students might request or enjoy!
- Learn good classical technique through discovering fun and efficient practice methods
Lessons at School
- One-on-one piano lessons during school hours. If you are part of, or know of a school who would be interested in having a traveling piano teacher give lessons each week, please don’t hesitate to get in touch! Keyboard can be provided for lessons if necessary.
Theory and NCEA
- Learn the fundamentals of music theory to advance students of any level or instrument, and receive good grades for both NCEA and other music exams.
- Solfeg: a great starting point for students of any instrument, including voice! Used throughout the world to build up fantastic musicians, it’s a good method for both beginner and advanced students to increase their understanding of music and musicality.